- Low salt concentration (less than 0.05%)
- Made up to 1% of all planet’s water bodies
- Found at: Streams, rivers, ponds and lakes.
- Type of fishes: Angelfish, Arowana, Betta (Fighting Fish), Goldfish, Guppies, Swordtails and Tetras.
- A mixture of freshwater and saltwater
- Has more salinity than freshwater, but lesser than saltwater
- Found at: Estuaries (where a river meets the sea).
- Type of fishes: Pufferfish, Archer Fish, Tigerfish, Mono Sebae and Scat.
- High salt concentration (more than 2%)
- Made up of more than two thirds of the Earth’s surface
- Found at: Ocean and seas
- Type of fishes: Angelfish, Clownfish, Gobies, Eels, Lionfish, Puffers, Rabbitfish, Dottybacks, Butterflies, Cardinals, Basslets, Damsels, Seahorse and Tangs.