OF® KIRAMEKI KOI SPIRULINA
Natural Colour Enhancing Feed
Floating Type, Daily Feed.
OF® Kirameki Koi Spirulina is a natural colour enhancing Koi food that excels in all seasons and function. This revolutionary product from Qian Hu Koi Nutrition Research is bio-formulated to boost health, growth and beauty of your Koi. Only the finest ingredients are used in Kirameki Koi Food to ensure that your Koi receives nutrition of the highest quality.
Enriched with OF® OPTIMA. Contains OF® OPTIMA, a thoroughly tested Protein Linker, which links the Protein to the fish’s enzymatic cells to increase the digestibility and absorb-ability by 30% and a Phenotypic Metabolic Enhancer that enhances Food Conversion Ratio (FCR), boosts growth, improves health, and reduces mortality, thus giving your Koi a true measure of extra protection against sickness and disease.
Fortifies immune system. Bio-formulated to fortify the fish’s immune system for better health and extra resistance against sickness and viral diseases. In addition, it increases the fish’s resistance to parasitic infestation (Lernea, Anchor Worm).
Enhances growth through superior digestive performance. Helps maintain superior digestive performance through the use of superior fish and krill meal instead of mixture of vegetative and fish protein. This improves the absorption of essential nutrients from the food during digestion (better FCR), resulting in better growth, health and higher metabolic output.
No artificial or chemical colouring, natural colours only. No artificial or chemical colouring agent is added, the pellet’s colour is derived from the natural ingredients.
Superior colour enhancement. Enriched with specially cultivated Spirulina and natural ingredients that bring out and intensifies your Koi’s colour.
Better water quality. As a result of high FCR, less metabolic (fecal) waste is produced and this reduces the dissolved nutrients entering the water thus improving the water quality. This floating type pellet also does not cloud your pond water.
OPTIMA Metabolic Enhancer
OF® OPTIMA is a thoroughly tested Protein Linker which:
- Links the Protein to the fish’s enzymatic cells to increase the digestibility and absorbability by 30%
- A Phenotypic Metabolic Enhancer that enhances Food Conversion Ratio (FCR)
- Improves health, and reduces mortality.
- Gives your Koi a true measure of extra protection against sickness and disease.
Superior Feed Performance
Graph above is derived from the formula:
- Digestibility of nutrient in test feed (%) = [(A) – (B x C) x 100] / D
- A = Digestibility of nutrient in Test Feed
- B = Digestibility of nutrient in a Basal Feed
- C = Proportion of total nutrient in diet supplied by Basal Feed
- D = Proportion of total nutrient in diet supplied by Test Feed.
RECOMMENDED FOR THE FOLLOWING
- All Koi for natural colour enhancement.
- High water temperature reduces the appetite of most Koi.
- If this happens, feed your Koi smaller portions of an easily digested food such as Kirameki Wheatgerm.
From 20°C to 30°C
- Koi are most active within this temperature range.
- Feed as often as you like with our premium Koi feed from our premium range of all-round Koi feed Kirameki Economy and supplement it with Kirameki Spirulina for greater colour enhancement.
- To accelerate the increase in weight and size of your Koi, try feeding it more often but in smaller quantity.
The amount of feed that the Koi can consume within 5 minutes is usually accepted as an accurate indicator for sufficient feeding. Do not overfeed. Kindly adhere to the recommended feeding instructions in accordance to the seasons:
- Early Spring: Due to the low temperature of the water, do not overfeed. Avoid feeding in the morning and evening when it is colder. Only feed during midday when it is warm.
- Rainy Season (Tsuyu in Japan): Reduce amount of feed but sufficient to maintain the strength of the Koi.
- Summer: During this season, the Koi will show tremendous appetite for food and growth. It is advisable to feed more and increase the interval to 2-4 times daily to maximize the growth of the Koi.
- Late Autumn and Winter: The Koi loses its appetite at this time due to lower digestive performance. Reduce amount of feed or use ‘easy-to-digest’ food instead.