REVOREEF® 3DM REEF-SAND
Pest Free, Virus Free Eco Coral Sand
RevoReef® 3DM Reef-Sand is a revolutionary mineral-based eco ‘coral-sand’ recommended for the eco-friendly aquarist seeking the ultimate pest-free, virus-free marine ‘coral-sand’. 100% safe and 100% ready to use.
RevoReef® incorporates advanced manufacturing technology to create this super macro-porous ‘coral-sand’, providing ideal conditions for aerobic and anaerobic bacteria growth. 3DM Reef-Sand is an environmentally-friendly alternative to natural coral-sand harvested from our precious coral reefs, allowing us to do our part to preserve and protect these beautiful coral reefs.
- Environmentally green product. An environmentally friendly alternative which replaces the need to harvest natural coral-sand from coral reefs, preserving them for our future generations.
- Reef Aquarium safe. 100% sterile, virus-free, hitchhiker/pest-free and can be used immediately thus saving time.
- pH Buffer. Buffers pH at 8.1-8.4; suitable for marine fish and corals.
- Rich in minerals and trace elements. Contains essential minerals and trace elements that are important to coral growth and marine fishes. Main elements include CaCO3, MgCO3 and Mn.
- Acts as a buffer. Advanced manufacturing technology that slowly release minerals and trace elements thus effectively buffering aquarium water parameters.
- Largest Effective Surface Area. BET Method surface area analysis has determined the effective surface area of RevoReef® 3DM Reef-Sand to be in the range of 1000m² – 2000m²/litre, far surpassing natural coral-sand.
ADVANTAGES OF 3DM REEF-SAND OVER CORAL SAND
|Area of Comparisons||3DM Reef-Sand||Coral Sand|
|1. Porosity||Multi-step processing in ensuring high porosity, slow demineralization and inert nature.||Porosity depends on quality of liverock harvested.|
|2. Sedimentation Rate||Fast sedimentation rate. New setups needs only 2-3 hours for water to be crystal clear.||Causes water to cloud and sometime requires several days for water to clear up.|
|3. Cleanliness||No Pest, predators, hitchhikers and unwanted corals. Does not carry harmful bacteria and virus.||Contains Pest, predators, hitchhikers, unwanted creatures and dead corals which causes problems when introduced into the hobbyist’s tank. It might also carry harmful bacteria and virus depending on the source.|
|4. Eco-Friendliness||Eco-friendly / handcrafted. Reduces the need for mining of sand and avoids needless destruction of natural ecology.||Harvested from nature which destroys natural ecology and upset the eco-system.|
|5. Supply||Handcrafted source which ensures stable supply.||Unstable supply with increasing government controls and regulations on the needless destruction of coral reefs.|
|6. Quality Of Sand||Handcrafted source allows us to provide Reef-Sands of a stable and consistent quality.||Inconsistent quality depending on the source.|
|7. Environmental Laws||Easily exported/imported as it is handcrafted.||Increasing government restrictions on naturally harvested sand.|
|8. Shape||Spherical shape encourages better water flow, minimizes dead zone. Structurally design to ensure high flow rate and no dead zones in substrate.||Heavy and difficult to handle.|
|9. Light Reflectiveness||Increased light reflectiveness.||Doesn’t reflect light well.|
|10. Similar to Foraminifera||Structurally similar to the natural foraminifera. Excellent filtering function.||No special structure.|
|11. Effective Surface Area||More than 1000m²/l of effective surface area for beneficial bacteria to colonize.||Around 200-300m²/l of effective surface area.|
|12. Flow-through Rate||High flow through rate to minimize dead-zones in substrate.||Low flow through rate.|
|13. Maintenance||Saves time in substrate maintenance as it doesn’t compact easily.||Compacts easily which might result in built-up of Hydrogen Sulfide. This makes substrate maintenance difficult and dangerous to livestocks.|
|14. Additional Features||
Rich in essential minerals and trace elements. Rich in calcium and magnesium ions and bicarbonate salts. Minerals and trace elements are processed to ensure slow release up to 3 years.
Highly effective buffering capacity to simulate the what live sand is doing in the coral reef systems:
|Low buffering capacity.|
|Code No||Description||Bag Size|
3DM Reef-Sand is only for use in Marine aquariums, it MUST NOT be used in freshwater aquariums.
Please rinse 3DM Reef-Sand before use.